Pikotek® VCFS® Isolating Gaskets/Kits
PTFE spring-energized primary sealing element and an E-ring secondary seal, seated in an insulating laminate and permanently bonded to a high-strength metal core, creating a fireproof gasket
The VCFS® adds fire service capability to the standard Pikotek® VCS® design through the use of a secondary sealing element that is capable of maintaining a seal while subject to a 1500°F (815°C) fire. The VCFS fire resistant gasket combines proven sealing performance in aggressive environments with the capability to pass the API 6FB, 3rd Edition fire test³.
Due to its unique pressure activated sealing mechanism, the heat resistant gasket requires far less bolt stress to seal than other gasket types. In addition, the engineered E-ring will serve as a secondary seal during normal operation and the primary sealing element during a fire.
* Note: The “FS” or “Fire Safe” designation denotes only that this gasket has successfully passed the API 6FB fire test. Due to the fact that every fire is unique and many uncontrolled variables are present, no other claims regarding suitability or performance in a fire are made. Each designer, user and/or operator will need to assess their individual situation when deciding to install FS style gaskets. Covered under patents 266755, 7976074, 2271866.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Extremely high reliability sealing and insulating for all critical services
- Withstands severe service conditions, including large bending moments, vibration, temperature and pressure cycling¹
- Tackles corrosive environments, including high concentrations of CO2, H2S, produced water, etc.
- Outstanding insulation properties for cathodic protection ²
- Pressure activated for reliable sealing and eliminating costly leaks
- Precisely sized to the bore to protect flange faces from media-induced corrosion and flow-induced erosion. Prevents turbulent flow at flanged connections
- GPT can match the ID of any flange assembly which can greatly mitigate the effects of flow induced corrosion, erosion, and MIC common of other types of gaskets used in piped flange connections
- Mitigates galvanic corrosion in dissimilar metal flanges
- Insulating Kits (sleeves and washers) always include high strength double washers and full-length sleeves for maximum assurance against short circuits
- High strength laminate material resists failure due to excess compression (i.e., over tightening bolts)
- Spring energized PTFE seal provides radial load and encapsulation in the seal groove to eliminate cold flow
- Available to match any flange specification (ANSI, API, BS, DIN, AS, others)
- Can seal mismatched RTJ Flange with Raised Face Flanges